- Easy and intuitive GUI
- Fully automated interface generation between meshes
- Fully automated 2D and 3D mesh generation
- Export of ready-to-run input files for ANSYS CFD
- No compiling of user functions required
- Import of existing CAD-Data or point-coordinates
- Easy geometry scaling (clearance definition, rotor size)
- Option for automatic mesh generation for axial clearances
- Different mesh export options (2D/3D, one or two meshes for rotors)
Mesh Control & Mesh Quality
- Full user control of mesh size and mesh resolution
- Boundary layer generation and local refinements
- Advanced mesh smoothing algorithms
- Several tools for mesh quality check
How does it work?
In TwinMesh the import of rotor and casing contours is realised as a 2D cross section via IGES format or CSV text files. Casing curves can also be generated in TwinMesh. All these contours can be easily scaled in order to modify e.g. clearance dimensions between rotors and casing. Rotor positions can also be adapted after the import defining axis-positions for the directions X and Y. If required, TwinMesh then automatically generates interfaces between the rotor meshes.
Auto Generation of Hexahedral Meshes
In the next step TwinMesh generates hexahedral meshes for all user defined rotation angles. Using special smoothing algorithms the software takes care of a sufficient gap resolution, smooth changes between small gaps and larger chambers and an homogeneous element distribution.
After a final check of the numerical quality the grids can be exported as 3D model or as 2D model. The export data of TwinMesh contains all required meshes for a transient flow simulation as well as the required routines for the automatic mesh import while running the simulation in ANSYS CFD. Also, a ready-to-run simulation template is exported by TwinMesh, which enables an immediate start of a flow analysis with ANSYS CFD. Using the structured grids from TwinMesh singlephase and multiphase CFD and CHT simulations can be performed in ANSYS CFD.
TwinMesh provides an automated workflow for structured mesh generation and CFD analysis setup of rotary positive displacement machines
TwinMesh delivers high resolution and high quality numerical grids, avoids interpolation errors and allows the usage of the full range of physics available in ANSYS CFD
Structured grids made with TwinMesh allow for reasonable transient CFD model size while ensuring maximum numerical quality
Works seamless with
Direct Export to ANSYS CFD
TwinMesh is fully optimized for CFD analysis using leading ANSYS CFD software. It exports mesh data in ANSYS CFD format and ready-to-run input files for ANSYS CFD.
Built on Years of ANSYS Expertise
TwinMesh is developed by CFD experts from CFX Berlin Software GmbH, a certified ANSYS Channel Partner from Germany for almost twenty years now.