TwinMesh for Reliable CFD Analysis of Gerotor PumpsCombining TwinMesh and ANSYS CFD offers engineers a unique, efficient and fast workflow for transient, three-dimensional computational fluid and thermal analysis (cfd) of gerotor pumps.
Design Engineers of Gerotor Pumps Have to:
- Know the machine behavior and possible limits of their products
- Analyse the impact of changing operation requirements (e.g other fluid viscosity, different revolution speeds, impact of external temperatures, etc.)
- Be able to answer specific customer demands
- Produce fast and reliable answers
Thanks to our novel software TwinMesh real virtual product development is now available for gerotor pumps! TwinMesh combined with ANSYS CFD allows for fast, reliable, and efficient CFD analysis of gerotor pumps.
No More Numerical Limits
Common limitations of CFD software packages for gerotor pumps such as
- limited physics,
- insufficient mesh resolution and numerical errors due to bad mesh quality using unstructured mesh topology
- interpolation errors or
- numerical and physical limits due to usage of overlapping mesh method
are redundant for the TwinMesh approach. Using structured grids from the TwinMesh software users get access to the full capability of CFD modelling available in ANSYS CFD. The high quality meshes from TwinMesh result in reliable and stable CFD simulations for gerotor pump designs at moderate model sizes and moderate calculation times for transient analysis.
Reliable CFD Analysis of Gerotor Pumps
And what can design engineers of gerotor pumps expect? CFD analysis results generated with TwinMesh and ANSYS CFD provide engineers of gerotor pumps with essential information such as:
- Velocity, pressure, and temperature fields within the working chambers and in axial and radial clearances
- Flow rates and mass flow at user defined operation points
- Torques, moments, forces and machine efficiency (CoP)
- Leakage and losses
- Pulsation behaviour of the machine
- Location and magnitude of erosion (e. g. particles, cavitation)
- Duration and magnitude of acoustic sources (emission)
TwinMesh and ANSYS CFD together make a reliable, modern, and state-of-the-art engineering tool, which allows for fast, reliable and efficient analysis and optimisation of gerotor pumps.
Increase machine performance, efficiency, and durability by a better understanding of complex phenomena inside your machine.
Speed & Flexibility
Reduce your time-to-market and fasten your response time to changing demands significantly by massive use of virtual prototyping.
Drive real innovation by getting deeper insight into the details of your products and their interaction with connected systems.
Reduce development and manufacturing costs by massive use of virtual product development instead of time consuming measurements on physical prototypes.
Animations of Gerotor Pump Simulations
Related blog entries
This animation shows a conical rotary compressor with non-parallel variable pitch rotors that compresses air from 1 bar to 5 bar.
The new release of TwinMesh, version 2024 coming in October 2023, allows the CFD simulation of more complex applications.
CFD simulation of positive displacement machines considering the bending line due to pressure forces
In this CFD simulation, a double flow / two-sided SRM screw compressor has been setup with air at inlet pressure 1 bar, outlet pressure 6 bar and rotational speed of 12,333 rpm.