TwinMesh for Reliable CFD Analysis of Gerotor PumpsCombining TwinMesh and ANSYS CFX offers engineers a unique, efficient and fast workflow for transient, three-dimensional computational fluid and thermal analysis (cfd) of gerotor pumps.
Design Engineers of Gerotor Pumps Have to:
- Know the machine behavior and possible limits of their products
- Analyse the impact of changing operation requirements (e.g other fluid viscosity, different revolution speeds, impact of external temperatures, etc.)
- Be able to answer specific customer demands
- Produce fast and reliable answers
Thanks to our novel software TwinMesh real virtual product development is now available for gerotor pumps! TwinMesh combined with ANSYS CFX allows for fast, reliable, and efficient CFD analysis of gerotor pumps.
No More Numerical Limits
Common limitations of CFD software packages for gerotor pumps such as
- limited physics,
- insufficient mesh resolution and numerical errors due to bad mesh quality using unstructured mesh topology
- interpolation errors or
- numerical and physical limits due to usage of overlapping mesh method
are redundant for the TwinMesh approach. Using structured grids from the TwinMesh software users get access to the full capability of CFD modelling available in ANSYS CFX. The high quality meshes from TwinMesh result in reliable and stable CFD simulations for gerotor pump designs at moderate model sizes and moderate calculation times for transient analysis.
Reliable CFD Analysis of Gerotor Pumps
And what can design engineers of gerotor pumps expect? CFD analysis results generated with TwinMesh and ANSYS CFX provide engineers of gerotor pumps with essential information such as:
- Velocity, pressure, and temperature fields within the working chambers and in axial and radial clearances
- Flow rates and mass flow at user defined operation points
- Torques, moments, forces and machine efficiency (CoP)
- Leakage and losses
- Pulsation behaviour of the machine
- Location and magnitude of erosion (e. g. particles, cavitation)
- Duration and magnitude of acoustic sources (emission)
TwinMesh and ANSYS CFX together make a reliable, modern, and state-of-the-art engineering tool, which allows for fast, reliable and efficient analysis and optimisation of gerotor pumps.
Increase machine performance, efficiency, and durability by a better understanding of complex phenomena inside your machine.
Speed & Flexibility
Reduce your time-to-market and fasten your response time to changing demands significantly by massive use of virtual prototyping.
Drive real innovation by getting deeper insight into the details of your products and their interaction with connected systems.
Reduce development and manufacturing costs by massive use of virtual product development instead of time consuming measurements on physical prototypes.
Animations of Gerotor Pump Simulations
Example for priming, pressure distribution and velocities
Moving meshes generated by TwinMesh
Contact us for more information or book a free webinar
Related blog entries
We are pleased to anounce the release of TwinMesh™ 2019 – another big and important step in CFD based analysis and design of rotary positive displacement machines. TwinMesh™ 2019 offers developers of rotary PD machines a further improved workflow and many exciting new features. Read further for getting information about enhancements and new features in TwinMesh™ 2019.read more
Next free TwinMesh webinar on 25th of April 2019 at 9am (CEST): find out more about how TwinMesh and ANSYS CFX allow for reliable 3D CFD analysis of rotary positive displacement machines such as screw compressors, lobe pumps, vane pumps, Wankel engines, gear pumps, progressive cavity pumps, or scroll expanders!read more
Preview on new features in TwinMesh™ 2019: CFD simulation of a SRM screw compressor with heating of rotor and casing solids with ANSYS CFX. We implemented User Fortran routines in TwinMesh 2019 that connect non-overlapping parts of the fluid-fluid interfaces to the interior solid surfaces to account for temperature and heat flux exchange.read more