TwinMesh for Reliable CFD Analysis of Eccentric Screw PumpsCombining TwinMesh and ANSYS CFD offers engineers a unique, efficient and fast workflow for transient, three-dimensional computational fluid and thermal analyses (cfd) of eccentric screw pumps.
Design engineers of progressive cavity pumps have to:
- Have deep insight into their machine behavior and existing limits,
- Analyse the impact of changing operation requirements (e.g other fluid viscosity, different revolution speeds, impact of external temperatures, etc.) as well as the impact of different stator materials
- Be able to answer specific customer demands and
- Produce fast and reliable answers.
Thanks to our novel software TwinMesh virtual product development is now available for progressive cavity pumps (eccentric screw pumps)!
No More Numerical Limits
Common limitations of CFD software packages such as limited physics, insufficient mesh resolution or numerical errors due to bad mesh quality or interpolation errors or overlapping mesh method are redundant for the TwinMesh approach.
Using structered grids from the TwinMesh software users get access to the full capacity of CFD modelling available in ANSYS CFD. The high quality meshes from TwinMesh result in reliable and stable CFD simulations for progressive cavity pumps at moderate model sizes and moderate calculation times for transient analysis.
What Engineers Can Expect:
CFD analysis results generated with TwinMesh and ANSYS CFD provide engineers of eccentric screw pumps with essential information such as:
- Velocity, pressure, and temperature fields within the working chamber
- Flow rates and mass flow at user defined operation points,
- Torques, moments, forces and machine efficiency (CoP),
- Leakage and losses,
- Pulsation behaviour of the machine,
- Location and magnitude of erosion (e. g. particles, cavitation),
- Duration and magnitude of acoustic sources (emission).
TwinMesh and ANSYS CFD together make a reliable, modern, and state-of-the-art engineering tool, which allows for fast, reliable and efficient analysis and optimisation of progressive cavity pumps (eccentric screw pumps).
Increase machine performance, efficiency, and durability by a better understanding of complex phenomena inside your machine.
Speed & Flexibility
Reduce your time-to-market and fasten your response time to changing demands significantly by massive use of virtual prototyping.
Drive real innovation by getting deeper insight into the details of your products and their interaction with connected systems.
Reduce development and manufacturing costs by massive use of virtual product development instead of time consuming measurements on physical prototypes.
Animations of Eccentric Screw Pump Simulations
Related blog entries
This animation shows a conical rotary compressor with non-parallel variable pitch rotors that compresses air from 1 bar to 5 bar.
The new release of TwinMesh, version 2024 coming in October 2023, allows the CFD simulation of more complex applications.
CFD simulation of positive displacement machines considering the bending line due to pressure forces
In this CFD simulation, a double flow / two-sided SRM screw compressor has been setup with air at inlet pressure 1 bar, outlet pressure 6 bar and rotational speed of 12,333 rpm.