TwinMesh for Reliable CFD Analysis of Internal Gear PumpsCombining TwinMesh and ANSYS CFD offers engineers a unique, efficient and fast workflow for transient, three-dimensional computational fluid and thermal analysis (cfd) of internal gear pumps.
Development Engineers of Internal Gear Pumps Need to:
- Analyse the impact of changing operation requirements (e.g new fluids, other flow rates, etc.)
- Understand machine behavior in detail
- Be able to answer specific customer demands
- Produce fast and reliable answers
Thanks to our novel software TwinMesh virtual product development is now available for internal gear pumps! TwinMesh toghether with ANSYS CFD allow for fast, reliable and efficient CFD analysis of internal gear pumps.
No More Numerical Limits
Common limitations of most CFD software packages which allow for analysis of gear pumps such as
- limited physics due to overlapping meshes,
- insufficient mesh resolution,
- numerical errors due to bad mesh quality using remeshing with unstructured mesh topology or
- due to numerical errors caused by massive interpolation
are redundant for the TwinMesh approach. Using structured grids from the TwinMesh software users get access to the full capability of CFD modelling available in ANSYS CFD. The high quality meshes from TwinMesh result in reliable and stable CFD simulations at moderate model sizes and moderate calculation times for transient analysis of gear pump designs.
Reliable CFD Analysis of Internal Gear Pumps
What can developers of internal gear pump designs expect from simulation? Flow simulation results generated using TwinMesh and ANSYS CFD provide design engineers of internal gear pumps with essential information such as:
- Velocity, pressure, and temperature within the working chambers and in all clearances
- Flow rates and mass flow at user defined operation points
- Torques, moments, forces, and machine efficiency (CoP)
- Leakage and losses
- Pulsation behaviour of the machine
- Location and magnitude of erosion (e. g. particles, cavitation)
- Duration and magnitude of acoustic sources (emission)
TwinMesh and ANSYS CFD together make a reliable, modern, and state-of-the-art engineering tool, which allows for fast, reliable and efficient analysis and optimization of internal gear pumps.
Increase machine performance, efficiency, and durability by a better understanding of complex phenomena inside your machine.
Speed & Flexibility
Reduce your time-to-market and fasten your response time to changing demands significantly by massive use of virtual prototyping.
Drive real innovation by getting deeper insight into the details of your products and their interaction with connected systems.
Reduce development and manufacturing costs by massive use of virtual product development instead of time consuming measurements on physical prototypes.
Animations of Internal Gear Pump Simulations
Cavitation in Internal Gear Pump with radial suction and discharge ports
2D CFD Results Internal Gear Pump
Related blog entries
kontruktionspraxis published an article about TwinMesh™ 2023. konstruktionspraxis is the leading trade journal for developers and designers in mechanical, apparatus and vehicle engineering, electrical engineering and other metal and plastics processing industries.
We are pleased to announce the new release of TwinMesh™ 2023. We added many new features like adding deformation to the rotors and the casing. This gives you an even more realistic flow behaviour inside the machine. Read further for getting information about enhancements and new features in TwinMesh™ 2023.
We participated in this year’s International Conference on Screw Machines and had a really good time. From September 7th to 8th experts from academic research and industry gathered in Dortmund to present and discuss the latest developments in screw compressor technologies.