TwinMesh for Reliable CFD Analysis of External Gear PumpsCombining TwinMesh and ANSYS CFX offers engineers a unique, efficient and fast workflow for transient, three-dimensional computational fluid and thermal analysis (cfd) of external gear pumps.
Design Engineers of External Gear Pumps Have to:
- Have deep insight into their machine behavior in order to catch possible limits
- Analyse the impact of changing operation requirements (e.g other fluid viscosity, different revolution speeds, impact of external temperatures, etc.)
- Be able to answer specific customer demands
- Produce fast and reliable answers
Thanks to our novel software TwinMesh virtual product development is now available for external gear pumps! TwinMesh toghether with ANSYS CFX allow for fast, reliable and efficient CFD analysis of external gear pumps.
No More Numerical Limits
Common limitations of existing commercial and academic CFD software packages for gear pumps such as:
- Limited availability of physical models,
- Insufficient mesh resolution,
- Numerical errors due to poor mesh quality and interpolation errors,
- Numerical errors due to usage of overlapping meshes (e. g. immersed solid)
are redundant for the TwinMesh approach. Using structured grids from the TwinMesh software engineers of gear pumps get access to the full capability of CFD modelling available in ANSYS CFX. The high quality meshes from TwinMesh result in reliable and stable CFD simulations at moderate model sizes and moderate calculation times for transient analysis, including complex effects such as aeration, cavitation and acoustics (noise emission).
Reliable CFD Analysis of External Gear Pumps
What can engineers of gear pumps expect? CFD analysis results generated with TwinMesh and ANSYS CFX provide engineers of external gear pumps with essential information such as:
- Velocity, pressure, and temperature fields within the working chambers and in axial and radial clearances
- Flow rates and mass flow at user defined operation points
- Torques, moments, forces and machine efficiency (CoP)
- Leakage and losses
- Pulsation behaviour of the machine
- Location and magnitude of erosion (e. g. particles, cavitation)
- Duration and magnitude of acoustic sources (emission)
TwinMesh and ANSYS CFX together make a reliable, modern, and state-of-the-art engineering tool, which allows for fast, reliable and efficient analysis and optimisation of external gear pumps.
Increase machine performance, efficiency, and durability by a better understanding of complex phenomena inside your machine.
Speed & Flexibility
Reduce your time-to-market and fasten your response time to changing demands significantly by massive use of virtual prototyping.
Drive real innovation by getting deeper insight into the details of your products and their interaction with connected systems.
Reduce development and manufacturing costs by massive use of virtual product development instead of time consuming measurements on physical prototypes.
Animations of External Gear Pump Simulations
CFD analysis external gear pump with cavitation and aeration
CFD simulation of external gear pump with Spur, Helical, and Herringbone gears
Related blog entries
During the whole conference, we answered a lot of questions at our stand together with Zhenya Yang from our TwinMesh channel partner PeraGlobal. In the technical sessions, we gave three presentations on TwinMesh applicationsread more
The first International TwinMesh™ Users Summit will take place on 28th and 29th October 2019 at the TwinMesh™ exhibition booth of the International CAE Conference in Vicenza, Italy. Come and meet us and other TwinMesh™ users!read more
We are pleased to announce that Kolektor is presenting their latest novelty, the core pump, at the well-known CTI Symposium which takes place from 13-16 May 2019 in Novi, Michigan, USA. On their LinkedIn profile Kolektor states: "Main pump...read more