TwinMesh for Reliable CFD Analysis of External Gear PumpsCombining TwinMesh and ANSYS CFD offers engineers a unique, efficient and fast workflow for transient, three-dimensional computational fluid and thermal analysis (cfd) of external gear pumps.
Design Engineers of External Gear Pumps Have to:
- Have deep insight into their machine behavior in order to catch possible limits
- Analyse the impact of changing operation requirements (e.g other fluid viscosity, different revolution speeds, impact of external temperatures, etc.)
- Be able to answer specific customer demands
- Produce fast and reliable answers
Thanks to our novel software TwinMesh virtual product development is now available for external gear pumps! TwinMesh toghether with ANSYS CFD allow for fast, reliable and efficient CFD analysis of external gear pumps.
No More Numerical Limits
Common limitations of existing commercial and academic CFD software packages for gear pumps such as:
- Limited availability of physical models,
- Insufficient mesh resolution,
- Numerical errors due to poor mesh quality and interpolation errors,
- Numerical errors due to usage of overlapping meshes (e. g. immersed solid)
are redundant for the TwinMesh approach. Using structured grids from the TwinMesh software engineers of gear pumps get access to the full capability of CFD modelling available in ANSYS CFD. The high quality meshes from TwinMesh result in reliable and stable CFD simulations at moderate model sizes and moderate calculation times for transient analysis, including complex effects such as aeration, cavitation and acoustics (noise emission).
Reliable CFD Analysis of External Gear Pumps
What can engineers of gear pumps expect? CFD analysis results generated with TwinMesh and ANSYS CFD provide engineers of external gear pumps with essential information such as:
- Velocity, pressure, and temperature fields within the working chambers and in axial and radial clearances
- Flow rates and mass flow at user defined operation points
- Torques, moments, forces and machine efficiency (CoP)
- Leakage and losses
- Pulsation behaviour of the machine
- Location and magnitude of erosion (e. g. particles, cavitation)
- Duration and magnitude of acoustic sources (emission)
TwinMesh and ANSYS CFD together make a reliable, modern, and state-of-the-art engineering tool, which allows for fast, reliable and efficient analysis and optimisation of external gear pumps.
Increase machine performance, efficiency, and durability by a better understanding of complex phenomena inside your machine.
Speed & Flexibility
Reduce your time-to-market and fasten your response time to changing demands significantly by massive use of virtual prototyping.
Drive real innovation by getting deeper insight into the details of your products and their interaction with connected systems.
Reduce development and manufacturing costs by massive use of virtual product development instead of time consuming measurements on physical prototypes.
Animations of External Gear Pump Simulations
Related blog entries
We are pleased to announce the release of TwinMesh™ 2022. This brand new release of TwinMesh™ includes many new features that further improve the quality of meshes for complex geometries. Read further for getting information about enhancements and new features in TwinMesh™ 2022.
The success of the revolutionary meshing solution TwinMesh™ continues and grows more and more! TwinMesh customers in industry and science show their exiting papers, success stories and validation projects. A lot of things happened during the last couple of months and it is a great success.
Next free TwinMesh webinar, March 30, 2022 at 2pm (CEST): find out more about how TwinMesh and Ansys CFD allow for reliable 3D CFD analysis of rotary positive displacement machines such as screw compressors, lobe pumps, vane pumps, Wankel engines, gear pumps, progressive cavity pumps, or scroll expanders!