TwinMesh for Reliable CFD Analysis of Rotary Lobe PumpsCombining TwinMesh and ANSYS CFD offers engineers a unique, efficient and fast workflow for transient, three-dimensional computational fluid and thermal simulation (cfd) of rotary lobe pumps.
Design Engineers of Rotary Lobe Pumps Must:
- Have deep insights into the details of the machine behavior
- Analyse the impact of different operation requirements (e.g different fluid viscosities, pressure difference, speed, etc.)
- Be able to answer specific customer demands
- Produce fast and reliable answers
Thanks to our novel software TwinMesh real virtual product development is now available for rotary lobe pumps! TwinMesh and ANSYS CFD together allow for efficient and reliable CFD analysis of rotary lobe pumps.
No More Numerical Limits
Common limitations of most CFD software packages such as
- limited physicical models or mesh motion features,
- insufficient mesh resolution or mesh topology
- numerical errors due to bad mesh quality while remeshing
- numerical errors due to frequent interpolation or
- numerical and physical limits due use of overlapping mesh method
are redundant for the TwinMesh approach. Using structured grids from the TwinMesh software users get access to the full capability of CFD modelling available in ANSYS CFD. The high quality meshes from TwinMesh result in reliable and stable CFD simulations of rotary lobe pumps at moderate model sizes and moderate calculation times for transient analysis.
Reliable CFD Analysis of Rotary Lobe Pumps:
CFD analysis results generated with TwinMesh and ANSYS CFD provide engineers of rotary lobe pumps with essential information such as:
- Velocity, pressure, and temperature fields within the working chambers and in axial and radial clearances
- Flow rates and mass flow at user defined operation points
- Torques, moments, forces and machine efficiency (CoP)
- Leakage and losses
- Pulsation behaviour of the machine
- Location and magnitude of erosion (e. g. particles, cavitation)
- Duration and magnitude of acoustic sources (emission)
TwinMesh and ANSYS CFD together make a reliable, modern, and state-of-the-art engineering tool, which allows for fast, reliable and efficient analysis and optimisation of lobe pumps.
Increase machine performance, efficiency, and durability by a better understanding of complex phenomena inside your machine.
Speed & Flexibility
Reduce your time-to-market and fasten your response time to changing demands significantly by massive use of virtual prototyping.
Drive real innovation by getting deeper insight into the details of your products and their interaction with connected systems.
Reduce development and manufacturing costs by massive use of virtual product development instead of time consuming measurements on physical prototypes.
CFD Results of Rotary Lobe Pumps Simulations
Animations of Rotary Lobe Pump Simulations
Comparison of Lobe Pumps with two, three and four lobes
Velocity in Rotary Lobe Pump / Circumferential Piston Pump with two lobes
Related blog entries
kontruktionspraxis published TwinMesh™ 2023 release notes
kontruktionspraxis published an article about TwinMesh™ 2023. konstruktionspraxis is the leading trade journal for developers and designers in mechanical, apparatus and vehicle engineering, electrical engineering and other metal and plastics processing industries.
TwinMesh™ 2023 released
We are pleased to announce the new release of TwinMesh™ 2023. We added many new features like adding deformation to the rotors and the casing. This gives you an even more realistic flow behaviour inside the machine. Read further for getting information about enhancements and new features in TwinMesh™ 2023.
CFX Berlin at the International Conference on Screw Machines 2022 in Dortmund
We participated in this year’s International Conference on Screw Machines and had a really good time. From September 7th to 8th experts from academic research and industry gathered in Dortmund to present and discuss the latest developments in screw compressor technologies.